Evaluation of the position of the Chernovtsy and Odessa regions of Ukraine with respect to economic performance and competitiveness and institutional capacity
The European Commission, Directorate General for Regional Policy has agreed with Ukraine, in the context of its Memorandum of Understanding for the establishment of a dialogue on regional policy and development of regional co-operation, to carry out some studies including peer review style studies in Ukrainian regions. The benefit of such studies is to bring expertise and experience from European regions based on real achievements in carrying out EU regional policy to undertake an analysis of the situation in a specific Ukrainian region and formulate recommendations for future study and action.
The objective of this project is to evaluate the economic infrastructure in the regions of Chernovtsy and Odessa and the potential for economic development as well as strengths, weaknesses and needs.
The final report of the project is available at:
- Definition of the objectives, the needs and expectations of the focus regions;
- Definition the administrative options to conduct the peer review (available/required finance, expertise and time);
- Produce any draft background information (government/official sources, International Sources – World Economic Forum, IMF, World Bank, EC, other Donor including USAID);
- Initial meeting with programme managers, intermediate bodies and enterprises – to agree scope, options and participants;
- Further information gathering;
- Completion of initial report (Deliverable 1).
- Preparation of the meeting
- Preparation of Draft Report on the Peer Review process, including findings and circulation to participants
- Preparation of a Peer Review Report
- Preparation of the Draft Final Report